Meet Jack Foley, our new Marketing Intern here at WeddingDates. Jack is a 3rd year Marketing student from Cork Institute of Technology and is with us as part of his 3rd year work placement. With a love for storytelling and content creation, Jack has been a great asset to the WeddingDates Marketing team.
1. What is your title/position?
I am the Marketing Intern here at WeddingDates.
2. How long have you been with WeddingDates?
I’m on Week 7 now of my 15 week placement
3. What is your favourite part of the job?
Copywriting and Graphic Design
4. What is your least favourite?
The commuting part haha!
5. What is your favourite or least favourite wedding trend you’ve seen over the years?
I really enjoy photobooths especially the ones that give you the photograph straight after taking it! Best way to build memories!
6. What are your hobbies/interests outside of work?
I enjoy reading although spend a lot of my time playing videogames and or socializing! I go to a lot of talks in the City, I love business especially hearing start-up stories!
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
There was a point where I wanted to be Spider-Man but I unfortunately never got bit by any radioactive spiders. I then wanted to be a Garda through my teens and then changed my mind when I was like 17.
8. What are your guilty pleasures?
Jackie Lennoxes on Bandon Road. You can’t beat the breast in a bun there – although I do try to limit myself – sometimes…
9. What is your favourite movie and/or book?
My favorite film is The Naked Gun (1988), I use to watch a lot of films with my dad growing up so I have taste for older films
My favorite book is probably the Tom King Vision comic book run. Having studied and loved The Merchant of Venice in Secondary School, Tom King managed to combine Shakespeare and Superheroes and I loved it!
10. Do you have any special talents or gifts?
Other than I’m able to turn my right foot around in a 180 degree angle, I’m afraid I don’t.
11. What are some of your favourite ways to spend a weekend?
Probably going home to West Limerick to visit the family. Great bunch of people.
12. Name one thing you’d like to check off your bucket list and why (could be a place to travel, an event or even picking up a new skill).
I’d love be extremely skilled in video editing and VFX, I love what some creators get up to on YouTube
13. If you could have dinner with anyone (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
Joe Rogan. How that man has so much drive and lives the way he does, I would love to understand.
14. If money was no object, what would be the first thing you would buy?
I’d probably buy a BMW i8. I’d have the coolest car in the world with L Plates on it.