Let me introduce you to our new Content & Digital Marketing Executive here at WeddingDates, Pam Ryan. As a trained journalist Pam has a keen eye for detail and loves telling and sharing stories via content creation and digital marketing. We asked her to answer these 14 questions to get to know a bit more about her.
1. What is your title/position?
I am the Content & Digital Marketing Executive here at WeddingDates.
2. How long have you been with WeddingDates?
I was exceptionally excited and grateful to join the team in March of 2020.
3. What is your favourite part of the job?
Watching ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ and getting to call it work!
4. What is your least favourite?
Waiting for the bus home. That stop needs a shelter!
5. What is your favourite or least favourite wedding trend you’ve seen over the years?
My favourite wedding trend has been two-in-one bridal gowns. Having an overskirt for the ceremony and the pictures and being able to remove it for the reception and dancing seems both practical and fun!
6. What are your hobbies/interests outside of work?
Dancing, particularly belly dancing and pole dancing!
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little I wanted to be a ballerina, so it makes sense that I have ended up dancing in my free time.
8. What are your guilty pleasures?
Subway. No problem with takeaway at all but I am not supposed to eat wheat, and those vegan patties are to die for!
9. What is your favourite movie and/or book?
I’m a big fan of horror movies – to the point where I consider most of them to be comedies – but so REC and REC 2 have to be my favourite’s. (Warning: They are in Spanish with subtitles!)
10. Do you have any special talents or gifts?
I know a song to sum up every situation perfectly.
11. What are some of your favourite ways to spend a weekend?
I like to spend my weekends outdoors wandering through forests and stalking people’s dogs when the weather is nice or curled up reading Buffy the Vampire Slayer graphic novels while the rain beats off the window.
12. Name one thing you’d like to check off your bucket list and why (could be a place to travel, an event or even picking up a new skill).
I’d love to visit Bhutan, allegedly the happiest place on Earth.
13. If you could have dinner with anyone (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
Judy Garland, in the hopes she’d burst into song between courses!
14. If money was no object, what would be the first thing you would buy?
The Slayer boots from Von D Shoes!